Spring Clubs Are Here!
Join MCE Teachers for Before & After School Fun!
❖ Create Messy Science Projects (ex. Slime) with Mrs. Henriquez (Grades K-2)
❖ Cook with Ms. Friend & Ms. Galbraith (Grades K-4)
❖ Run with Ms. Endorf and Ms. Batsel (Grades 3-5)
❖ Learn American Sign Language with Ms. Mohaghegh (Grades 3-5)
❖ Become a Mad Scientist with Ms. Gilley and Ms. Lobo (Grades 3-5)
❖ Design Your Own Comic with Mr. Stoner and Ms. Specht (Grades 3-5)
❖ Research and Write Mason Crest’s Newspaper with Mrs. Buckhorn (Grades 4-5)
offered. Keep an eye out for separate registration forms!
Calling all Mason Crest Tigers!
It’s Yearbook Time!
Now’s the time to purchase your 2019-2020 yearbook!
Two easy ways make it convenient for you to order. It’s only $20!
Visit https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectJob and purchase your yearbook directly! Our school code is 13277920
DEADLINE for ordering is April 1, 2020!
Questions? Please email Daniela Raik at email@example.com
Kindergarten Orientation and Registration
If you have a child who will turn five before September 30th, we encourage you to register for Kindergarten.
Here is a link with more information: https://www.fcps.
If you have any questions about registration, do not hesitate to contact our registrar, Joyce Anglade, at 571-226-2600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Kindergarten Orientation will take place on March 3rd from 9:00 a.m -10:30 a.m. We hope to see you and your Rising Kindergartener there!
You can help support Mason Crest Elementary using our special codes to make your purchases.
Mason Crest Elementary will receive 4% of all purchases made by shoppers who reach Amazon through our link at http://amazon.masoncrestpto.org/.
When you shop Harris Teeter brands, a percentage of your purchase is donated to the school that your VIC card is linked to. Go to https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education to link up your VIC card.
Spread the word and have your family and friends use this link as well.
Thank you to Krista Long of doTERRA and Lee’s Hapmudo Martial Arts for sponsoring our Fun Run.
Here’s what you missed during our PTO meeting held on 11/14/19
Agenda Topics/New business:
- Fun Run goal was successfully met
- Bethany is working on after school programs for the spring. The flyer should be coming home in the Tuesday folder in the next couple of weeks. Scholarships are available.
- Another spirit wear drive will be coming up, hopefully during or around the book fair.
- Book fair dates are 4/20-4/24
- Will need to talk about board positions at the next PTO meeting.
- FCPS: Title 1 free/reduced lunch was 45%, now is 55%. The demographics of Mason Crest haven’t changed, but Mason Crest will not be Title 1 starting with the 2020-2021 school year. This will change the resources the school receives. There is an estimation of 7-9 schools in the county that will lose the status. The county is trying to figure out the best way to have it be as little impact as possible. The principals plan to hold a meeting in March for the school to discuss once they receive more details.
- Ms. Trevino and Ms. Miller presented to discuss social/emotional learning.
- They went over using responsive classroom techniques such as evidence based approaches, like morning meeting, classroom rules, interactive modeling, logical consequences and reinforcing the tiger way.
- If a student is struggling with socially appropriate behaviors, we need to figure out what is going on. Progress monitoring: Meet monthly with teachers as a team to see how the kids are doing and what supports they may need.
- Some parents brought up suggestions that the kids that make good choices should get commended. Some kids see other kids that didn’t make good choices get pulled out and sent to the room with toys and candy and see that as bad behavior getting rewarded.
- Financial Report – reviewed
- State of the MCES PTO – The PTO is created to help support the needs of student, parents, teachers and administrators of Mason Crest and the bottom line is we always need volunteers and donation support to help continue being successful at supporting the school. With that being said, the position for Treasurer is needed for school term 2020/21.
- Other means of Fundraisers- Reward programs that we are already using such as Amazon, box top and smile program. We will continue to expand this by looking into Harris Teeter and Giant’s reward programs as well. Please refer to tab above to get more details on each programs and the way it helps MCES.
Calling all Parents and Staff: Join the PTO!
Ways to join:
- Fill out the MCES PTO Membership Form and drop it off at MCES with your payment or
- Go paperless by doing everything online. This is a two step process. (1) Simply register your information then (2) make your membership payment through PayPal at the bottom of the site or on our Join Us page.
- Membership options:
- Single membership – $15
- Family membership – $25
How to be active:
If you are still looking for ways to help please visit our Volunteer Page for items still in need and other ways to help.
- 4/20-4/24 Book Fair