All Fairfax County public schools, including Mason Crest Elementary, will be closed on Wednesday, January 22, 2014. Offices will be open with an unscheduled leave policy in effect.
The following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled:
· extracurricular activities
· interscholastic contests
· team practices
· field trips
· middle school after-school programs
· professional learning and training courses
· all adult and community education classes
· recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
Source: Fairfax County Public Schools Emergency Announcement (www.fcps.edu).