Mr. Butler and Mrs. Kerr’s Farewell International Potluck Dinner
Join us Thursday, June 8th at 5:30 p.m. for an International Potluck and to say goodbye to Mr. Butler and Mrs. Kerr, who are both leaving Mason Crest at the end of this school year. Past and present student and families are encouraged to join us.
Bring a dish to share. Sign up here:
***Prior to dinner will be a short PTO membership meeting to elect a new slate of officers for the 2017-2018 school year.
*** A bus from the Parliament Apartments will be leaving at 5 p.m. to take families to Mason Crest
It’s time to elect your PTO Board Officers for 2017-2018
Elected Board Position Nominees:
- President: Christy Fase
- Communications: Dani Cao and Amy Miller
- Secretary : Mary Johnson
- Treasurer: Sandra Miracle
- Volunteer Coordinator: Patrick Krason
- Ways and Means: Michaela Nuckels and Rachel Rajala
Committee (non-elected) Positions:
- After School Programs: Amy Miller and Laura Loughlin
- Assemblies: Allison Gilbert
- Dj/MC: Christian Nuckels
- Folder Copying: Position Open (need two people)
- Fundraising Sales: Position Open (need at least one person)
- Grants: Patrick Krason
- Green Committee Chair: Traci McGillicuddy
- Hospitatily Committee Chairs: Christy Phillips and Crystal Krason
- Kindergarten Pay Dates: Michaela Nuchels
- Membership: Monica Buckhorn
- Nominating Committee: Position Open (need two people)
- Redeemable Awards Program Manager: Thurraya and Al Kent
- School Supplies: Position Open (need two people)
- Spirit Wear Sales Manager: Laura Loughlin
- Yearbook: Daniela Raik
To get involved or for more information, please contact:
Monica Buckhorn firstname.lastname@example.org
Ali Munshi email@example.com
Join us June 8th at 6:30PM in the cafeteria for the last PTO meeting of the year to meet the nominees and cast your vote.
Here’s a followup to our Lice presentation
Lice Happens is a lice removal service owned and operated by a Registered Nurse and other professionals that help families with lice.
During the meeting we learned that most kids get lice from direct head-to-head contact. Although they are not against over-the-counter medicine treatments. They find that the most effective head lice treatment method is manual removal with a professional nit comb, as risk to your child is minimal and nits can be removed, breaking the bugs’ life cycle. Therefore a weekly thorough comb through is highly recommended.
Don’t forget to let your child’s teacher and the school know if your child happens to acquire lice as it is becoming a common thing these days. Sometimes lice just happens. It’s up to us as a community to help each other stop the cycle.
Please follow the link below to see more questions and answers the people of Lice Happens have to offer.
Clothing Donations Needed for our School Students
Our MC school health aid, Judi, is requesting clothes donations preferably sweatpants sizes 6-12.
Please visit our Volunteer page to see other ways to help our school
- 5/12/17: 2nd Grade Concert 5:45pm also Art/Poetry Fair & Showcase 5:30-7:30pm
- 6/8/17: PTO meeting
It’s never too late to join MCES PTO
Ways to join:
- Fill out the MCES PTO Membership Form and drop it off at MCES with your payment or
- Go paperless by doing everything online. This is a two step process. (1) Simply register your information then (2) make your membership payment through PayPal at the bottom of the site or on our Join Us page.
Single membership – $15
Family membership – $25
How to be active: